We have chickens! Order Here!
Our birds are humanely and ethically raised according to organic practices as students learn how to integrate them into our sustainable farming system. We do reserve the ability to treat them, appropriately, if they become injured or ill, which is why they won't be certified organic.
We have frozen chickens available from our last harvest of 2017. They average 3-5 pounds and cost $5.50/lb. And you can choose your pick up location:
• Deposits are $10 each and the balance of your order will be paid at pickup
• If you choose to pick up at one of our Wednesday CSA drop off points please note that you must pick up your bird between 4:30-6:30pm on the Wednesday immediately following your order.
• If you choose to pick up at the Organic Farm School classroom our pickup time is Friday from 3-5pm.
Our last batch of chickens for 2017 is done, and so we no longer have any fresh chickens available this year. But you can preorder chickens for 2018 below. While it's still early, we anticipate having batches of birds ready in early summer, late summer, and early fall.
• We anticipate they will dress out at 4-5 pounds per bird.
• Deposits are $10 each and the balance of your order will be paid at pickup.
If you don't want to wait that long, we still have frozen chickens available this year while supplies last.