- Why join a CSA?
- What should I expect in the share?
- How do I know what's in my share when I get it?
- What is the pick-up procedure?
- What if I miss my pick-up?
- What if I go on vacation?
- What if I want more or less food than this CSA share?
- What if it's already summer? Can I sign up late?
- Cancellation policy
Why join a CSA?
- You buy Local
- Your support helps small local farms stay viable and supports a local food economy.
- Connect with the food you eat by meeting your farmers and exploring the farms.
- You eat Well
- Buy the freshest food for your family.
- Explore new foods and learn to cook with them.
- Find out that beet greens aren’t just good for you, they’re tasty too!
- You live Healthy
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Share healthy eating habits with your kids. Expose them early to a variety of regional produce.
- You protect the Environment
- Support farmers who take care of their land by growing food in ways that take care of the soil.
- Cut down on the number of miles your food travels from the farm to your plate.
What should I expect in the share?
We grow 36 different crops and several varieties of each for our members. While we focus on favorites like lettuce, tomatoes and carrots, we add a few specialties like napa cabbage and parsnips to share some our favorite vegetables with you. For a detailed look at our crop plan for the CSA, click here.
How do I know what's in my share when I get it?
When you pick it up, we have everything labeled and you can ask us questions. We also send out a newsletter with each share listing the produce provided as well as suggesting some recipes for making the most of it.
What is the pick-up procedure?
When you arrive to the pick up site, we’ll have the produce displayed farmer’s market style and everything labeled so you know how much to take. Plus, we’ll be there to help if you have any questions. We ask that you bring your own bag/basket/box to take it home in (but we’ll have bags too just in case you forget).
Who are my farmers?
Aaron Varadi and Raelani Kesler are the lead farmers at the Organic Farm School, and they are assisted by the students of the OFS. Aaron and Raelani have over 15 years and 5 farms' worth of organic farming experience, and are passionate about quality, farming education, and making our world a better place.
What if I miss my pick-up?
Things happen and sometimes you just can’t make it. Normally, we bring your produce back to the farm and donate it to the food bank the following day. If you call us and can stop by the farm, we’ll make sure to keep it for you. Unfortunately we can’t refund members for missed shares.
What if I go on vacation?
When you go on vacation, we suggest you ask a friend or family member who you think will enjoy your produce to come to the pick-up and take your share. We’ll walk them through the process when they come. If no one can come get it, we are happy to donate your produce to the food bank. Unfortunately, we can’t refund members for missed shares.
We hope you are the adventurous type who loves every vegetable out there! If there is something you really don’t like, you don’t have to take it and often times (but not always) there is an opportunity to swap it for something else. Whatever you leave with us will go to the food bank the following day.
What if I want more or less food than this CSA share?
Some folks who go through a lot of veggies buy two shares from us to keep themselves stocked. We also bring extras for sale as part of our Pop Up Farm Stands each Wednesday, and offer bulk sales of certain crops with pre-ordering.
If the share feels like too much food, we suggest finding a friend who would be willing to split it with you or be willing to swap weeks so you can just get one share every two weeks.
What if it's already summer? Can I sign up late?
You can sign up anytime at a pro-rated rate. We can only accommodate a certain number of late starts, though, so please inquire on availability before making an initial payment after May 30th.
We apologize but we cannot refund shares halfway through the season. Once we plant the seeds and grow the crops for you, there’s no turning back.
We will never sell, rent or share your personal information with anyone!