We are now accepting applications for the 2018 season
Interested in becoming an Organic Farmer? Apply now!
We are so happy you are interested in applying! To apply, please do the following:
- Answer the ten application questions listed below.
- Submit your answers, along with a resume and three professional references as documents via email to email@example.com
Our review process includes a review of your submitted documents, a one-hour phone conversation and reference checks. We are accepting applications now, and decisions will be made on a rolling basis until the program is full. Apply early for your best chance! If accepted, students must submit a $1000, non-refundable deposit to reserve their spot in the program.
1. What are your personal and business goals?
2. What do you hope to gain from this training program?
3. Describe any experience you have had in farming, agriculture, and/or food systems (experience is not required to apply).
4. Describe your experience, if any, in team work situations. How do you integrate yourself in a work team?
5. Are you interested in living cooperatively with other program participants? If so, please describe your previous experience, if any, in cooperative living situations. What were the benefits and challenges of such arrangements? How would you facilitate living cooperatively?
6. This is a physical program requiring you work outside daily and be able to lift 40 lbs. Do you have any physical challenges for which you will need assistance?
7. This program includes a focus on sustainable and humane livestock production which includes the harvesting (slaughtering) of animals for human consumption (though participation in the actual harvest is optional). Are you comfortable with participating in the raising of livestock for human consumption?
8. Will you be able to commit to 40hours/week from March 19th – November 16th? Do you have a source of savings or income to pay the tuition and support yourself during the program? Please describe.
9. How did you hear about this program?
10. Feel free to share anything else that you would like us to know.